Many residence halls will change which students they house next fall, according to Andrea Trinklein, executive director of Residence Life and Housing.

McTyeire Hall housed freshmen this year, but only sophomores, juniors and seniors will have the option to live there next fall.

The construction of Eleonore Raoul Residence Hall, which is located behind Hamilton Holmes Hall, will be completed by next fall, and the new hall will house up to 341 freshmen, Trinklein said.

A second round of renovations on Harris Hall will also be finished by next fall. The renovated residence hall will house up to 326 sophomores, Trinklein said.

She added that Alabama Hall, which has housed upperclassmen for approximately the last six years, will house just freshmen in the fall.

Trinklein said ResLife made these decisions by analyzing the size of each Emory student class.

“There is some interest from juniors and seniors to live on the main campus,” she said. “They like the availability and the access that being right here provides. We know that there is some interest.”

She said some students find that housing on the main campus is more affordable and convenient than other options, and  ResLife aims to cater to those who want on-campus housing.

According to Trinklein, ResLife is also currently examining the possibility of adding more gender-neutral housing on campus. However, no final decisions have been made yet.

– By Karishma Mehrotra