Carolina Panthers (3-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-6)

As if the Bucs’ season couldn’t be any worse, they just lost Doug Martin. Martin tore his labrum this past week trying to catch a pass against the Falcons and will most likely be out for the remainder of the season. However, Martin isn’t off to the hot start he had last season; he’s averaging only 3.7 yards per carry and roughly 70 yards per game, while only having scored one touchdown through the first seven weeks of the season. Though Mike Glennon hasn’t been playing that bad since replacing Josh Freeman in week four, he hasn’t been able to deliver the team a win. The Panthers, on the other hand, are trying to capture their third win in a row this weekend. Cam Newton has thrown four touchdowns, no interceptions and has averaged 225 yards per game during the past two weeks. Alongside Newton, the Panthers’ defense is ranked third in the league (in terms of yardage allowed). It’s going to take a miracle for the Bucs to not only stop the Panthers this weekend but also produce enough offense to generate a victory. Panthers 31 Buccaneers 24

Atlanta Falcons (2-4) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4)

Despite not having Roddy White and Julio Jones, the Falcons still pulled off a 31-23 win last week. Though Matt Ryan has been playing some of the best football of his career, the rest of the Falcons’ offense has struggled to follow his lead. The Falcons’ rushing offense is ranked 30th in the league, averaging only 68 yards per game. Even though Steven Jackson has been sidelined since week one with an injury, there’s a good chance that he’ll return this weekend. The Cardinals are on a two game losing streak but in their defense, they did play the Seahawks and the 49ers, two of the top teams in the league. Unfortunately, Carson Palmer has been unable to be the spark-plug that the Cardinals need to jumpstart their offense. Until the Cardinals can acquire a franchise quarterback, they’ll continue to be a subpar team in the NFL. Falcons 27 Cardinals 13

New York Jets (4-3) at Cincinnati Bengals (5-2)

Look for the Jets to carry their momentum from last week’s overtime thriller into Cincinnati this weekend. The Jets were able to beat the AFC East-leading Patriots in a game that was drastically changed by a new addition to the rules that allowed for Nick Folk to sink a 42-yard field goal. Just as the Jets were able to contain Tom Brady to only 228 passing yards, look for Andy Dalton to have some struggles this weekend. However, Dalton has been hot lately, having thrown for six touchdowns and over 700 yards in the past two games. A.J. Green has also been hot these past two weeks, having scored two touchdowns on 12 receptions and 258 yards. However, he’ll be sure to see some cover from Antonio Cromartie this weekend which could halt his hot production. Look for Green to have a large number of targets but not a large number of receptions in this weekend’s matchup. At the same time, look for Geno Smith and Chris Ivory to continue playing as well as they have been in Cincinnati. Jets 19 Bengals 13

New York Giants (1-6) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-3)

Look to see a shootout in this weekend’s NFC East matchup. The Giants picked up their first win of the season last weekend against Minnesota. Though the Giants didn’t play well, the Vikings played significantly worse. In his Vikings debut, Josh Freeman threw for only 193 yards along with an interception and completed only 20 of his 53 pass attempts. Eli Manning didn’t turn the ball over, as he has done much of this season, as he threw for 200 yards with one touchdown. In his Giants debut, former Madden cover player Peyton Hillis caught five passes for 45 yards and already has just as many rushing touchdowns as David Wilson. Though I’d like to see the Giants mount a midseason comeback, I have many doubts as they face up against an Eagles team that should have Michael Vick back in the lineup this weekend. Nick Foles injured himself in the team’s 17-3 loss to the Cowboys. LeSean McCoy also struggled last weekend but look for him to turn it around and continue his dominance this weekend against the swiss cheese-like Giants’ defensive line. Giants 31 Eagles 38

Green Bay Packers (4-2) at Minnesota Vikings (1-5)

Green Bay heads to Minnesota to take on their formal rival, the Vikings. I say former due to the fact that the Vikings have no chance at winning this week. As it turns out, the Vikings’ only win this season came in their week one game in England.

The Packers are coming off a week that proved that they don’t need starting receivers to still win. Aaron Rodgers is having another great season, having thrown for 13 touchdowns and only four interceptions. Eddie Lacy has finally hit his stride as he has ran 300 yards in the past three weeks. He has given the Packers the dual threat offense that they have been looking for. Look for Rodgers and the Packers to take care of the Vikings Sunday and continue their NFC North dominance. Packers 35 Vikings 14

– By Adam Troyetsky 

Photo courtesy of Flickr, Pat Ryan