Well, that was embarrassing. Last week was, to say the least, rough. The only pick that I got right was the Giants to beat the Cowboys, and that game was a nail-biter to say the least. So this week, I vow to not be such an idiot.

In other news, Hurricane Sandy has just finished ravaging through the Northeast. I was so fortunate because my house was not seriously affected, but many of my friends experienced thousands of dollars of damage. My thoughts and prayers are out to everyone who was affected by the storm, and I hope for a speedy recovery. Furthermore, the New York City subway system has been flooded and ravaged. If there is any group of people that could overcome such devastation, it would be New Yorkers. I hope that they are able to bounce back, fix the transit system and recover as soon as possible.

But there was also a lot of good that has occurred over the last week. The NBA season has started, and this year is filled with many intriguing storylines. With more elite teams than ever before, this is a year I am very excited for.

But right now, I am all about football, so let’s get to the picks. (HOME TEAM IN CAPS)

Denver Broncos at CINCINNATI BENGALS

I guess it is about that time. I have to eat my words, something that I absolutely abhor doing. But Peyton, you have proven me wrong. No, I never doubted your skill. But you have successfully brought up the play of everyone on your offense. By turning Eric Decker into a formidable eight-reception guy and Demaryius Thomas into an a deep threat, opening up running lanes for Willis McGahee and Ronnie Hillman and managing the game, Peyton has proved that he is one of the best, if not the best, quarterback in the NFL.

Clearly, his year off has not negatively affected him. On the other side, the Bengals are 3-4 but haven’t actually beaten anyone of significance. So I think this is going to be Broncos all the way.

On the fantasy outlook, I believe that this will be a big day for Jacob Tamme. Peyton will throw a lot, and his safety-blanket tight end will reap the benefits.

Denver 31 CINCINNATI 17

Miami Dolphins at INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

The battle of the rookie quarterbacks; Ryan Tannehill brings his Dolphins riding a three-game winning streak against Andrew Luck and his 4-3 Colts. The Dolphins played an extraordinary game against a pretty ordinary Jets offense but came out with a decisive victory.

In this match-up, I think that the Dolphins will be able to run all over the Colts, but Tannehill will have trouble throwing the ball. The Dolphins have not beaten any good team yet, so I believe that this will be a game with a lot of yards on offense, but defense at the end of the game will be the deciding factor.

And I think that Andrew Luck is much better than Ryan Tannehill and will be able to put his team in the best position to win when the game is on the line.

Watch out for T.Y. Hilton. That guy is a beast, and Luck will be throwing the ball a lot.

INDIANAPOLIS 24 Miami 21

Pittsburgh Steelers at NEW YORK GIANTS

This is, in my opinion, the game of the week. The Pittsburgh Steelers have been looking very good as of late, and once their rushing attach comes around they will be a front-runner for the title of AFC Champion. Meanwhile, the New York Giants have avoided a Super Bowl slump by starting off this season at 6-2.

They are also on a four-game winning streak. As the season continues, the Giants defense will have to step up and play better, but this is a game of whether the Giants offense can beat the Steelers defense.

And they can and they will. I am a huge Eli supporter, and as long as the running attack can be mediocre and the wide receivers can hold on to the ball, nothing is stopping this New York Giants attack. Look for Domenik Hixon, he has been Eli’s old reliable recently, and I am sure he will not disappoint this week.

NEW YORK GIANTS 27 Pittsburgh 24

Dallas Cowboys at ATLANTA FALCONS

It will be very interesting to see how the Cowboys respond after last week. At first, they were down and essentially out; the game was a joke. But then they persevered, and eventually even held the lead before the Giants came back.

Tony Romo had a chance to win it, but then he threw an interception (as if no one has seen that coming). Then he gets another chance and throws a touchdown to Dez Bryant, but it gets called back due to Dez being barely out of bounds.

Meanwhile, I had picked the Falcons to lose to the Eagles last week; nope, they won handily. Matt Ryan has played like an MVP, and although the defense has not been great, both offense and defense has been clutch when it counts.

It seems like every week we are waiting for the Falcons to lose but they just keep going. And I think this is going to be where they keep riding the tide. Like I said last week, look for Jacquizz Rodgers. He had a good game against the Eagles; expect a better one against the Cowboys.

ATLANTA 31 Dallas 24

Last week was an embarrassment. It’s not fun getting almost all of your picks wrong, especially when it gets published in a newspaper. But I feel confident that this week I will return to normal, so for those of you with gambling addictions, you know who to trust.

A quick shout-out once again for anyone who was affected by Hurricane Sandy – our thoughts and prayers are out to you. And for everyone, have a safe weekend.

– By Jayson Patel