We at On Fire have discovered the freshest dance of all time.

No, it is not the Dougie, the Wobble or the Bernie. Nor is it the Waltz, Foxtrot or Tango (even though your On Fire correspondent has enrolled in Social Dance next semester).

After Mercer beat Duke in the second round of the NCAA tournament Friday afternoon, Mercer guard Kevin Canevari expressed his joy through dance.

Never has your widely-travelled On Fire correspondent seen a more authentic demonstration of passion, a more rhythmic series or movements or a cooler white guy. This dance was truly remarkable.

First, he does some crazy foot thing that your articulate On Fire correspondent cannot find the words to properly express. As this happens he gets slower and slower while his arms glide through the air.

Then, while the foot things continue, he begins to make a flying motion with his arms. This is where things really pick up. Canevari slams his right arm forward in a manner that is reminiscent of a rock and roll drummer or a woman hitting your virtuous On Fire correspondent after a misunderstanding regarding a lawn mower, several semi-explicit pictures and a trip to Wendy’s.

But then he pulls his entire body back, and as he does so time seems to slow down almost to a halt. Then he spins, does a crazy hand thing that looks like he is playing the bongos, taps his shoulders a couple of times as if he were doing the “Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” dance, taps his chest and looks to the sky with an expression on his face of pure swag.

What was the dance? According to deadspin.com, upon viewing the dance “Some people asked what the f–k he was doing. Others in the know and/or on Black Twitter recognized it immediately: Canevari was dropping the Nae Nae.

Hold up: what the heck is Black Twitter? How has your culturally-attuned On Fire correspondent not heard of this before?

If anyone knows what Black Twitter is, please send an e-mail to bostdie@emory.edu. Seriously, this sounds like the coolest thing, ever, and all of us at On Fire cannot wait to get on it.

In the meantime, we will be practicing the Nae Nae.