Students craving a midnight snack will be able to grab some grub at late-night food trucks that Food Advisory Committee Emory (FACE) is bringing to campus this semester.

As part of a campaign to improve the dining experience on campus, FACE announced Aug. 19 on their official blog that the trucks will be on campus every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., beginning last night after Songfest. 

There will be a variety of trucks offering different types of food every night. Trucks will stay open later than 1 a.m. at their own discretion if the demand is particularly high for food that night. 

The trucks will typically be spread throughout Emory’s main campus, at several locations including the Clairmont Campus and both sides of the Woodruff P.E. Center. 

The locations, however, will not necessarily be permanent as FACE will seek student feedback to ensure the trucks are positioned to be easily accessible, College junior and FACE Co-Chair Karoline Porcello said.

The food trucks will not only take cash and credit cards but also Dooley Dollars, according to the blog.

One of the biggest student complaints that came up in feedback was the lack of nighttime and weekend options, said Bryce Robertson, College sophomore and FACE Dobbs Market representative, who is also a sales associate for the Wheel

He explained that the trucks will bring a greater variety of food to students at more times throughout the week. The trucks were selected based on three main criteria: food quality, reliability and variety, according to Porcello.

Many students have reacted positively to the new campus dining options. 

“I’m glad they’re putting some trucks on Clairmont,” Goizueta Business School senior Jordan Angel said. “I think that it’s a good idea. I’m happy dining has worked hard to expand the selection on campus.”

Still, others like College senior Dan Eidell said he feels food truck lines will often be long, hurting overall convenience. “I think they’re a great on campus option as long as the lines don’t make them useless,” he said.

Students who are interested in keeping tabs on what trucks will be on campus can follow FACE’s food truck Twitter account, @EmoryFoodTrucks, to learn more about what trucks will be on campus. 

– By Dustin Slade