“This will be my last secret. For several months I’ve shared with you my thoughts about professor-student relations, college and life challenges and even some burning social issues. When I first posted on Emory Secrets (#171 on Dec. 19) I did not know [I’d]  keep going for 50+ secrets, and I definitely did not imagine that hundreds of people would read my posts… that I would learn so much about student life from reading each and every of the 2,000+ secrets. Over these past few months I was fortunate to meet some of you, and each such meeting filled me with excitement and joy and many thoughts about how I could help more people. There were many more of you I wanted to meet, especially those who commented on my secrets regularly, who I feel I already got to know to some degree, just enough to yearn for more.

My involvement with Emory Secrets was one of the best experiences of my career as a teacher. My goal was to reach beyond the limited audience I have in my classes. If in that process I managed to help even one of you in some way …  I did something. So many times I wanted to post comments, to respond to your secrets, to share my experiences – and perhaps soon I’ll be able to do just that. So thank you all for taking the time to read my secrets. And a big thanks to the Emory Secrets people for providing this wonderful venue (I am not one of them, nor do I know them, despite some rumors to the contrary). I will be leaving Emory soon and would love to hear from you, either in person or via email/Facebook. If there’s anything I can do for you, or you just need someone to talk to, please get in touch.”