Dryer Fire Prompts Student Evacuations at Clairmont
Officials contained a fire in a dryer that occurred in the E Building at the Clairmont Residential Center on Monday morning. Students were evacuated, but no one was hurt, according to Assistant Dean for Campus Life and Director of Residence Life Andy Wilson.
There was little damage as officials managed the incident in the apartment. They are still investigating the cause of the fire.
“Once the investigation concludes, Residence Life staff will work with our colleagues in Campus Services, including Director of Fire Safety Bridget Mourao, to take the appropriate steps,” Wilson wrote in an email. “We would like to thank the residents who evacuated during this incident. They responded appropriately and cooperated well with the DeKalb Fire Department.”
— By Karishma Mehrotra