Crime Report stock photo

– Between April 21 and April 22, a student’s bike was stolen from a bike rack near the entrance of Clairmont Campus. The cable lock connecting the bike to the rack was cut. The black and red Yukon Giant bicycle is valued at $450.

– On April 17 at 3:46 a.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a fire alarm at Chi Phi fraternity. A fog machine malfunctioned and set off the alarm. Facilities Management arrived on the scene and found no evidence of a fire. DeKalb County Fire and Rescue also arrived on the scene. The alarm was reset.

– On April 17 at 11:53 p.m., EPD responded to a complaint at Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) fraternity. The house director said that approximately 8 to 10 members of Sigma Nu fraternity painted the lion in front of the SAE house.  At midnight after EPD had left the scene, the house director called EPD and said that she spoke to someone who said he had been asked to paint the lion by the SAE president. At 1:27 a.m. officers went back to the scene and discovered that all paint had been removed from the lion.

– Between 11:09 p.m. and 11:28 p.m., a student was trapped in a Harris Residence Hall elevator. Facilities Management and DeKalb County Fire and Rescue responded to the scene and were able to rescue the individual. Facilities Management was able to get the elevator working again.

– On April 16 at 11:56 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a male individual who slipped on a manhole cover after attending a concert. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) was already on the scene when EPD arrived. The manhole cover was located near Lowergate Parking Deck. The individual was transported to Emory University hospital.

– On April 16 at 4:38 a.m., an EPD officer noticed two golf carts being driven near Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity. Each golf cart had one driver and one passenger. By the time officers were able to catch up to the golf carts, they had been abandoned in front of the Woodruff PE Center. Facilities Management arrived on the scene and noticed no damage to the carts. The golf carts were returned to their original location.

–By Brandon Fuhr