Crime Report stock photo

– On April 5 between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding a theft on the second floor of the Health Science Center Library. A student who was working alone at a table left his iPad mini there, and when he returned, the iPad was missing. The iPad is valued at $533. The tracking software on the device was turned off. The case was turned over to an investigator.

– On April 8 between 9:34 a.m. and 9:47 a.m., an individual was trapped in an elevator in the Rollins Research Building. Schindler Elevator Corporation responded to the scene and was able to open the door. The individual inside was not injured.

– On April 8 between 4:17 p.m. and 6:16 p.m., EPD responded to a gas leak in the vicinity of 2 Eagle Row. New South Construction Company struck the 3-inch gas line. DeKalb County Fire & Rescue also responded to the scene. McTyeire Residence Hall was evacuated and the pedestrian walkway behind the Hall was stopped due to the fumes. The leak was capped at 5:55 p.m.

– On April 9 between 9:55 a.m. to 10:05 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding stolen leaf blowers. The RedMax blowers, valued at $798, were stolen from a University vehicle near the Emory Conference Center. The incident was turned over to an investigator.

– On April 10 at 2:32 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a fire extinguisher that went off at Kappa Alpha Order Fraternity. Originally, the caller said that there was a fire extinguisher fight at the location and that someone had sprayed the extinguisher throughout the house. When officers arrived, none of the members of the fraternity claimed responsibility for the incident. The case was turned over to the office of Campus Life.

– On April 8 EPD received a report from the Dean’s Office regarding an incident of stalking that occurred between Feb. 1 and Mar. 31 at Sigma Nu Fraternity. The individual does not seek to pursue criminal investigation or prosecution.

–  By Brandon Fuhr