Crime Report stock photo

–  On April 6 at 4:39 a.m., the Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding an individual under the influence of alcohol at McTyeire Residence Hall. A male subject walked into a Sophomore Advisor’s room and became lethargic and could not be awaken. He said he was drinking in the residence hall. Emergency Medical Services was called but the individual refused transport to the hospital. The case has been turned over to Campus Life.

– On April 5 at 3:34 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding two individuals under the influence of alcohol on the top of Starvine Parking Deck. Both individuals were intoxicated, and they were lying on the drive-in lane of the deck. EPD identified both men as Emory alumni. One of the individuals had to be transported to Emory University Hospital. The other individual was stable enough to not need further medical care.

– On April 5 at 5:33 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a brush fire near the CSX railroad fence. After a train passed through the area a small bit of brush caught fire. Officers used fire extinguishers to put out the fire. DeKalb County Fire & Rescue also responded to the scene. Officers checked the location periodically throughout the night to ensure the fire didn’t reignite.

– On April 5 at 11:17 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a fire on the 14th floor of Clairmont tower. DeKalb County Fire & Rescue also responded to the scene with a ladder truck. An oven in the building caught on fire. The owner of the oven said that he left cardboard under pizza he was making. The individual was able to use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.

– On April 6 at 12:30 p.m., EPD responded to an individual lying in the grass at Sorority Village. The individual, who is not Emory-affiliated, received treatment from EMS and was transported to Emory University Hospital.  She said she had been drinking alcohol all night.

– By Brandon Fuhr