Crime Report 3/5/13
• On March 3 at 2:52 a.m. officers received a call from the Longstreet Means Residence Hall of an individual under the influence of alcohol. The individual said he got alcohol off campus. Emory Emergency Medical Services (EMS) confirmed that the individual needed to be transported to Emory Hospital. The incident has been turned over to Campus Life.
• On March 1 at 7:32 a.m. officers received a call from an individual near sorority village. According to the caller, he noticed an individual, likely in his 40’s, trying to look into windows of the sorority lodge building. Officers arrived on scene, but the subject had already left. The incident has been turned over to an investigator.
• Officers received a call of a roommate dispute at Turman Hall on March 1 at 5:25 a.m. According to individuals in the dispute and their friends, the argument became heated and the individuals became disorderly when one of the students made racially insensitive remarks. The incident has been turned over to Campus Life.
• On March 1 at 12:29 a.m. Emory police responded to a fire alarm at the Beta Theta Pi house located at 15 Eagle Row. A beer had splashed on the alarm during a game of “beer pong” in the house basement, setting off the alarm in the house. Officers claim there was a quarter inch of beer on the floor. According to the fraternity president, they were having a registered mixer.
• On Feb. 28 at 12:00 p.m. Emory police received a report of a theft from 1462 Clifton Rd. According to researchers at the location, three pieces of Emory-owned technical equipment were stolen from the building. The stolen items were three Beckman Centrifuge Rotors valued at a combined $41,000. The incident is currently under investigation.
— Compiled by Asst. News Editor Dustin Slade