Crime Report – 3/4/14

• On Feb. 19 at 4:30 p.m., an individual called the Emory Police Department (EPD) regarding a bike theft. The individual said that he left his bike at the Woodruff Memorial Research Building at 8:35 a.m., and when he came to retrieve it at 4:30 p.m., it was missing. The white K2 Astral bicycle is valued at $310. The case has been turned over to an investigator.

• On Feb. 20 at 2:51 a.m., EPD responded to Delta Phi Epsilon sorority lodge after a resident complained that two men wearing ski masks were knocking on the door. An officer was able to locate and apprehend both men. The subjects said that they were playing a “stupid prank.” The men were in possession of water guns when they were apprehended. Campus Life was notified.

• On Feb. 20 at 11:37 a.m., officers responded to a call regarding a theft in front of the Peavine Parking Deck. The letter “A” from a sign that displays sports events was stolen in front of the parking deck on Eagle Row. EPD was able to locate the individuals, and the letter “A” was returned. The incident was turned over to Campus Life.

• On Feb. 21 at 11 p.m., EPD responded to a complaint regarding an intoxicated individual. The complainant noticed the individual between Starvine Parking Deck and Clairmont campus on Starvine Way. A witness said that the subject walked into a wall several times and was almost hit by a car. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) responded to the scene and transported the individual to the emergency room.

• On Feb. 23 at 2:43 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an individual under the influence of alcohol. The individual twisted his ankle when he stepped off the curb in front of the Woodruff Residential Center. Campus Life was notified.

—By Brandon Fuhr