Crime Report: 2/5/13
• On Feb. 3 at 1:34 a.m. Emory police responded to a report of a female student under the influence of alcohol in Harris Hall. Officers noted that although the student was coherent they determined she needed to be transported to the hospital. The incident has been turned over to Campus Life.
• On Feb. 2 at 2:00 a.m. officers responded to an intoxicated male Emory student in the Longstreet Means residence hall lobby. The student was cited as being loud, disorderly, belligerent and discourteous to both officers and emergency medical services. The individual was arrested for public intoxication and transported to DeKalb County jail.
• Officers received a noise complaint from a male student at the Math and Science Center on Feb. 1 at 9:03 p.m. The individual, located on the second floor, complained about the noise coming from the floor above him. Officers investigated the source of the sound and discovered it was a step team practicing for an event. Officers asked the team to leave the building and advised them that they must request permission to practice in campus facilities.
• On Feb. 3 at 1:36 a.m. officers received a report of an individual that was struck by a car on Eagle Row. The student driver said an individual walked in front of his car and he tried to slam on the breaks. The driver was unable to prevent the car from hitting the pedestrian. The struck individual was transported to Emory hospital and released at 3 a.m. The incident has been turned over to an investigator.
• On Feb. 1. Officers responded to a report of a keyed car beside at the Pi Kappa Alpha house located at 22 Eagle Row. According to the student who owned the car, the incident occurred sometime between 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. Both car doors as well as the roof of the car were keyed. The incident has been turned over to an investigator.
— Compiled by Staff Writer Dustin Slade