Crime Report 10/1/13
• On Sept. 28, the Emory Police Department (EPD) received a call from the Kappa Sigma fraternity house located at 20 Eagle Row. According to the report, persons unknown entered the house and stole five fraternity paddles, one pennant, various trophies, an American flag and a Kappa Sigma flag. The items are valued at $250. There were no signs of forced entry. The incident is under investigation.
• On Sept. 28, EPD received 31 phone calls during the Fall Band Party. All the calls were in regard to noise complaints.
• On Sept. 27, officers responded to a report of an intoxicated student at the Clairmont Residential Center. They found the individual unable to reply after several attempts. While officers were evaluating him, the individual became belligerent and disorderly. According to the report, the individual was disrespectful and used obscene language toward the officers. The individual was arrested and transported to DeKalb County Jail.
•On Sept. 27 at 5:09 a.m., EPD responded to a report of a student sleeping on the Quadrangle near Callaway Hall. The individual admitted to having consumed alcohol, and officers noted the individual seemed confused. The individual was transported back to his residence hall.
• On Sept. 22, EPD responded to an individual under the influence of alcohol. The individual said that he had more than 11 shots at both the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity house located at 8 Eagle Row and the Kappa Sigma house located at 20 Eagle Row.
• On Sept. 22, officers responded to a student who was down due to alcohol at Harris Hall. The individual said she was at a party at the Zeta Beta Tau house located at 8 Eagle Row. She said she had three shots, two beers, two mixed drinks and a Monster energy drink. The individual was transported to Emory University Hospital.
— Compiled by Asst. News Editor Dustin Slade
Editor’s Note: The police report was reviewed by Editor-in-Chief Arianna Skibell due to Slade’s affiliation with Zeta Beta Tau fraternity.